This dish is super easy, yummy, and only has a few ingredients. It’s a staple in our home (or apartment, whatev), especially when I’m too lazy to throw together a complex dish.
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb pasta (lemon parpadelle or farfelle)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 Tbsp vegan butter
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp sweet* paprika
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 to 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- Boil water with a tablespoon of salt, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, mix in tablespoon of vegan butter, set aside.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil.
- Add the garlic, red pepper flakes and paprika and sauté for 1 minute until fragrant.
- Increase the heat to high, add the shrimp and lemon juice, stir well, and sauté until the shrimp turn pink and are opaque throughout, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with salt and black pepper, sprinkle with the parsley and serve the shrimp and garlic paprika sauce over the pasta.
*I personally think there’s a big difference between using regular paprika and sweet paprika for this dish. I’d strongly recommend using sweet if you can.