This quesadilla and the Baked Ziti recipe are definitely the most unhealthy things I make because they are loaded with cheese; but hot damn, if they aren’t delicious. Take this quesadilla, for instance. It has Leanna’s Pesto AND a bunch of mozzarella (along with some spinach and tomatoes) smothered between two big flour tortillas. It’s a perfect alternative when you’re craving pizza, but don’t want the extra grease, salt, and sugar that comes with takeout pizza. Modified slightly from: The Garden Grazer
Time: 20 minutes
Type: Appetizer or entree
Ingredients (makes 2 quesadillas):
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2 handfuls baby spinach
- Leanna’s Pesto
- 8-10 oz shredded mozzarella
- 4 large flour or gluten-free tortillas
- Place a tortilla on a skillet over medium heat, and spread a layer of pesto on top.
- Add a light layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Add tomato slices, spinach, and top with another layer of mozzarella cheese.
- Place the other tortilla on top, heat for about 5 minutes, flip, and heat for another 5 minutes or until cheese has melted.