This recipe once won a guacamole competition.
…Okay, there were only two recipes entered.
…And the competition was actually a rooftop party that one other person and I brought guac to. BUT people at the party unanimously said mine was better, so there.
Time: 10-15 minutes
- 3-4 avocados, peeled, pitted, mashed
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced (or 2/3 cup chopped cherry tomatoes)
- 3 Tbsp cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced (2 Tsbp)
- 1 garlic clove (1 tsp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 1/4 jalapeño, diced (optional)
- In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt.
- Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in jalapeño pepper, if using.
- Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor, or serve immediately.