This one might be a new favorite! Saw it in the NY Times a few weeks ago and gave it at whirl. If you’re a subscriber, I would highly recommend checking out their Food section. There’s a lot of good stuff!
Time: 20 minutes
- 1 lb linguini or spaghetti
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1/3 cup chopped parsley
- Freshly squeezed juice of half a lemon
- Boil water with a tablespoon of salt, cook pasta until al dente. Drain, mix with 1 Tbsp olive oil, set aside
- In a large skillet, melt butter with olive oil. Add garlic and sauté until fragrant, about 1 minute. Add broth, salt, red pepper flakes and plenty of black pepper and bring to a simmer. Let cook for about 2 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauté until they just turn pink, 3-4 minutes depending upon their size. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and serve over pasta. Also good with some crusty bread!